The web domain name www.linksyssmartwifi.com is used by the Linksys routers to access linksyssmartwifi setup panel. The router recognizes it automatically and translates it to the default IP address (192.168.1.1). It then the reroutes the user directly to the login page of the router. Earlier the users had to remember or find out the default IP addresses for their routers themselves if they wished to login to their routers. The default IP address for most routers was 192.168.1.1 but some differed. Linksys made it easier for the users, they now ship their routers pre-configured to use www.linksyssmartwifi.com instead of the default IP addresses for every router. No longer do the users have to remember or find out the default IP addresses for their routers.
Troubleshooting steps for linksyssmartwifi setup panel.
- Firstly, we will be connecting an Ethernet cable to the Linksys Smart Router.
- Then, attach the other end of the Ethernet cable to the modem that was provided by the ISP.
- After that, turn on the Linksys Smart WiFi and the computer on which you will be working on.
- When the Desktop loads up, we will be going to the WiFi settings.
- Next, connect to the WiFi access point of that of the Linksys Router.
- Enter the default password when asked in the linksyssmartwifi setup panel. The details are present under the router. The details are case sensitive so make sure you do not enter any different letters.
- Then, you have to open a web browser and go to https://linksyssmartwifi.com OR 192.168.1.1.
- Then, go through the on page instructions and follow it to the point to access the linksyssmartwifi setup panel.
- Finally, the setup process will be completed. Use the linksyssmartwifi setup panel to configure your router as you desire.
If you wish to read more about setting up your router, click here.