What is www.linksyssmartwifi.com?
The web domain www.linksyssmartwifi.com is used to gain access to the admin page for the Linksys routers. A prompt appears asking the user to enter the default information for their router. Previously, people had to login using the default IP addresses for their routers to update the linksys firmware, to reset the password and more. Many people faced trouble in finding out the default IP address for their routers or they just didn’t know where to look. The default IP addresses for Linksys routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use www.linksyssmartwifi.com instead of the default IP addresses. The router recognizes the domain name and automatically translates it to the default IP address specific to that router.
Here, we have provided the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Linksys router, to reset the router, to change the username and password for the router and to update the linksys firmware for the routers. These steps are applicable if you wish to update linksys firmware for the following routers as well:
Linksys – AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, Linksys – Max-Stream AC1750 Wi-Fi Router, Linksys – AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, Linksys – AC1600 802.11ac Smart Wi-Fi Router, Linksys Max Stream EA7500 Router, Linksys EA6350 Dual-Band Router, Linksys WRT AC3200 Router, Linksys Max-Stream AC 4000 (EA9300), Linksys -Max-Stream AC2200 (EA8300)
Here are the steps to setup and login to the Linksys routers:
Please find the prerequisites for the initial setup process. They are:
a. Enough Ethernet cables for the connections required between the router and the other devices.
b. A working desktop computer or a laptop.
c. A working internet connection.
- Firstly, connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the computer or laptop to any of the internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable.
- Then, open an internet browser after connecting to the router. Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar. This will take you to the linksys router admin login page directly.
- Enter the default information when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default information doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the information of the router. In that case, try entering any previously set passwords. If all else fails, the router will have to be reset in order to restore the router back to its factory default settings. Then the user can login to the router using the default information of the router.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup page will appear. This is the web based interface regarding the configurations of the router.
- Finally, the user can choose to change or configure their network suitable to their needs.
Can’t update the firmware of the Linksys router? [Solved]
The linksys firmware update is a very important process for the router. So in order to protect the router from any potential threats, the firmware needs to be updated. The linksys firmware update also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues within the router, might add overall speed boosts and even some new features to the router. The up to date linksys firmware also makes sure that the router is able to connect to the latest media technology that is coming out almost every other day. Here are the steps to update the firmware:
- Firstly, go to the Linksys Support Site and download the latest firmware for your router.
- Then, open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the router. Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press enter.
- Then you will be taken to the login page of the router. You will be prompted to type in the default username and password for the router.
- Now, the default username and password is “admin” for most of the Linksys routers. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- You will see the Administration tab. Click on it. Then click on Firmware Update option to begin the linksys firmware update process.
- Click Browse to search for the previously downloaded file.
- Furthermore, locate and select the file from your computer. Click Open.
- Finally, click the Start Update option to begin the update process.
- When the update is successful, click Continue.
- Lastly, reboot the router to save the changes made on the router.
The linksys firmware will have been udpated and the changes will be implemented once the reboot is completed.
If you wish to read more about your linksys router setup guide, please click here.